Ancient Wisdom Retreat
February 22 - March 1, 2020
Are you ready for…
- An amazing and inspiring spiritual adventure?
- An intimate journey into how the wisdoms of the ancient Maya can enrich your modern life?
- Time to rejuvenate, dig deep, and have some fun?
Our time together will include both richness and relaxation as we combine Maya ceremony, group time, traditional arts, sharing, and free time. The creating of community, along with the depth and dynamics that Patrick and LeeAnn bring to facilitating together, will provide a truly unique experience.
ou will arrive in Guatemala City for your first overnight. Then depart through the magical mountains and volcano views to spend several days on the shores of Lake Atitlan. Traveling by private boat from Panajachel to Santiago Atitlan, you will “meet the sacred waters of the lake” as you journey across this amazing wonder of the world and its traditional Mayan towns.
In Santiago (where LeeAnn lives) you will be welcomed into the Old Ways of rituals, amazing art, and Traditions of the Tzu’tujil Maya whose lineage here spans more than 3000 years. Followed by two days in the wonderful Spanish colonial town of Antigua.
During our time you will:
- Get blessed while participating in personal Maya ceremonies.
- Learn intimately about the art, rituals, oral traditions, and unbroken lineage of these healing wise ways.
- Meet and share with shamans, artists, and other holy ones in the Ceremonial Houses and their homes.
- Take a private boat to the town of San Juan where you will enjoy a fantastic natural dye and weaving demonstration, some shopping, and lunch in the beautiful gardens of the rustic Italian Artesanos Restaurant.
- Have free time to explore the town on your own, go bird watching, take the kayaks around the lakeshore, shop, rest, take photographs, and drink in the beauty and natural rhythms of the Indigenous world!
- In Antigua you will experience the exquisite Spanish Colonial architecture, visit Iximche (a Maya ruins where ceremony is still done), and amazing food.
Included: Private transportation to and from Guatemala City on arrival and for departure. Transportation for scheduled activities. Materials and guides for rituals, ceremonies, tours, and translation. Group meals.
Not included: airfare, overnights you may require in Guatemala City upon arrival and departure, and other additional side trips you may choose to schedule. Tips, tithing’s (offerings) during ceremony, and other snacks and drinks you may partake in.
All rooms are on a first come, first served basis.
Please do not book your airfare until we have a minimum of six people confirmed.
About your Retreat Guides:
LeeAnn lives in the wonderful Tzu’tujil Maya town of Santiago, where she first came some thirty years ago. Here she lives and has participated with the Traditionalist and the Old ways for decades. Her previous life includes an array of experience in community development, transformation psychology, entrepreneurial adventures, public speaking, personal growth and development, and a bunch of certifications that all blend together in her current work as a guide, consultant, and intuitive.
Patrick wears many hats: successful New York City real estate broker, educator, transformational life coach, speaker and world traveler. Curious by nature, Patrick's mission is to explore other ways of thinking, feeling, living and being, which ultimately serves him and his clients' best interests. His transformational seminars focus on uncovering your essence and purpose which helps create a more authentic and meaningful life. Patrick divides his time between New York City, his weekend house in the Hudson Valley, and pursuing his passion of traveling the world.